A little about me
I am passionate about supporting people get to where they want to be in their lives. Seeing people grow and develop as they work through some of the issues or challenges they have faced or experienced in their lives is very special.
I offer counselling from a warm and friendly private practice conveniently located in the centre of Chester. I have worked for the last 10 years, supporting people with emotional, mental and psychological difficulties.
I have experience of helping people with difficulties that effect us in our lives, such as depression, stress, anxiety, low self esteem, and various eating disorders including anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa. I have worked with people who have experienced a variety of difficult and traumatic life events and with people experiencing emotional or relationship difficulties.
I have completed fours years of clinical training in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy and I also have a keen interest in Mindfulness and meditation. I have undertaken training in teaching Mindfulness and I have run Mindfulness Cognitive Therapy for Depression groups for the NHS.
I have recently undertaken training in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy.
I work with individuals on a short term or longer term basis.
When I’m not working, I like being outdoors either walking or running. I am learning Welsh which I really enjoy and I am an avid reader and love collecting books.
Qualifications and Training
I am a Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy MBACP (Accred) and I have completed the BACP Certificate of Proficiency. I am on their register for counsellors and psychotherapists.
- I have completed four years of training in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy with The South Manchester Centre for Psychotherapy.
- Four Year Advanced Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling.
- Transactional Analysis 101 Course.
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Course. The Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice, Bangor University.
- I have completed Teacher Training in Mindfulness. The Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice, Bangor University.
- I have also undertaken training in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Mindfulness and Trauma, Sex Addiction, Working with couples, Solution Focused Brief Therapy, Eating Disorders, Motivational Interviewing and Cognitive Behaviour Therapy.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Applied Mental Health
- BA (Hons) SW. Health and Social Care Certificate – Open University.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy MBACP (Accred)
United Kingdom Association For Transactional Analysis (UKATA)
European Association for Transactional Analysis (EATA)
Care Council for Wales.